Download PDF Manual:
Full Text of Manual:
Remington Guarantees Satisfaction After 30 Daysi
Remington Men’s Shave and Groom 60-Day Money Back Guarantee*
rt within 60 days after purchasing any Remington® brand Men’s Shave and
Groom product. you are not completely satisfied and would like a refund, return
it with the original dated sales receipt directly to Remington and receive a full
refund. – For questions concerning the money-back guarantee, please call
800-736-4648 in the US.
·Applies to US customers· returns only.
-renns and conditions apply.
Tenns and Conditions
1. Refund will be in the form of a check issued in US Dollars and will be provided only
if all Terms and Conditions are met.
2. The following items must be returned to Remington and postmarked no later than
60 days after purchase of the Remington® brand Men’s Shave and Groom product:
a. The Remington® product;
b. The original sales receipt indicating price and date purchased; and
c. The completed 60-day money back guarantee form located at
3. In addition, Remington, in its discretion, must determine that the returned product
was used in accordance with the instruction booklet (included with the product at
the time of purchase).
4. Returns should be mailed prepaid (no collect returns accepted) to:
Remington 60-Day MBG
507 Stokely Drive, Box 1
DeForest, WI 53532
5. Refund does not include postage costs for the return of the product, but will include
applicable taxes paid by customer, if any.
6. No responsibility will be accepted for late, lost, stolen, misdirected or damaged
7. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your refund by check.
Questions or comments: Call 800-736-4648 in the US.
Or visrt RemingtonProducts.com
Dist by: Spectrum Brands, Inc., Middleton, WI 53562
Remington is a trademark of Spectrum Brands, Inc. AU other marks are the property
of their respective owners.
© 2016 Spectrum Brands, Inc. 9/16 16137-00
Made in China T22-ooo4634-A
Contains a listed adaptor.
Use and Care Guide
Register Your New Product Today!
By registering your new Remington® product, you will receive these important benefits:
Proof of Ownership • Product Protection • Product Registration • Special Offers
Register online at RemingtonProducts.com
, IMPORTANT SAFm.·., · ·
_,·: .. INSTRUCTIONS. ~,, .·-. :
f \ ‘
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be observed,
including the following. Read all instructions before using this shaver.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, CAREFULLY FOLLOW
• For connection of the power supply unit to a power source not in the U.S.A. and
Canada, use an attachment plug adaptor of the proper configuration for the
• Do not reach for a plugged in appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it
• Do not use while bathing or in the shower (PR1335, PR1340, PR1360). Model
PR1385 may be used in the shower.
• Model PR1 335 can only be used in dry conditions. Do not rinse under the faucet
• Models PR1340 and PR1360 can only be used in dry conditions. The cutting
head can be rinsed under the faucet for cleaning.
• Model PR1385 can be used wet or dry. The shaver can be used in the shower
and rlnsed under the faucet for cleaning.
• Detach the appliance from the power supply cord before cleaning.
• Do not submerge in water.
• Do not place or store this appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub
or sink. Do not place or drop into water or other liquid.
• Except when charging, always unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet
immediately after using.
• Unplug this appliance before cleaning.
To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons:
• An appliance should never be left unattended when it’s plugged in, except when
charging a rechargeable appliance.
• Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near
children, or individuals with certain disabilities or special needs.
• Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual.
Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
• Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug or if it is not
working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or if it has been dropped
• Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
• Never drop or insert any object into any of the appliance’s openings.
• Household use only.
• Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used
or where oxygen is being administered.
• Always attach the plug to the appliance, then to outlet. To disconnect, tum all
controls to OFF, then remove plug from outlet.
• Always pull on cord plug to unplug from wall socket. Never pull on electric cord.
• Do not plug or unplug this appliance when your hands are wet. r
• Do not use an extension cord or a voltage converter with this appliance.
• Do not wrap the cord around the appliance. .
• Always store this appliance and cord in a moisture-free area. Do not store it in
temperatures exceeding 140°F (60°C). ~
• Detach removable power cords from appliance for storage.
• Do not use this appliance with a damaged or broken head or cutters, as facial
injury may occur.
• The power unit is intended to be correctly oriented in a vertical or floor mount
• Shavers, including the trimmer, are for use on facial hair only. They should not
be used for shaving the hair on Y,OUr head or any other part pf yo~r body.
1. PowerFlex 360° Pivoting 5. Charging indicator
head and cutter assembly 6. Power port
2. Head release button 7. Pop-up Trimmer
3. Precision Plus Heads 8. Power adaptor
4. On/Off push button 9. Charge stand (PR1385)
Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated. a
Which Model Is Yours?
POWER SYSTEM cordless
FULL CHARGE TIME 16 hrs.
CORDLESS SHAVE TIME* 40min.
WATER RESISTANCE Dry
QUICK CHARGE no
VOLTAGE TYPE worldwide
REPLACEMENT PART SPR-PR13 NO.
*Some shave times vary by version of each
To identify your model, refer to the packaging
or on the back of the shaver.
Cordless – shaver can only be used
without the power cord.
Cord/Cordless – Shaver can be used
with or without the power cord.
Ory – Shaver can only be used dry. Can
be cleaned with cleaning brush.
Washable – Shaver can only be used
dry. Can be cleaned by rinsing under
Wet/Ory- Shaver can be used in the
shower and with shaving gels. can be
cleaned by rinsing under running water.
Shaver will charge long enough for one
shave in 5 minutes. ·
PR1340 PR1360 PR1385
cordless cocrodrleds/ s cordless
4 hrs. 90 min. 90min.
50min. 60 min. 60 min.
Washable Washable Wet/Dry
no yes yes
charging 3 stage LED 3 stage LED
worldwide worldwide worldwide
SPR-PR13 SPR-PR13 SPR-PR13
Charging Indicator- PR1335
• Green LED light will glow solid
during charging. Full Charge wnt–take
up to 16 hours. No indication ·
of full charge.
Charging Indicator- PR1340
• Green LED light will glow solid
during charging. LED-light will tum
off at full charge.
3 Stage LED-PR1360, PR1385
• Blinks rapidly to signal low battery.
• Slowly flashes to signal charging.
. • Solid green when fully charged,
then turns of;f afl:er 5 minutes.
· Wor1dwide Voltage – Shaver
automatically adcij)ts to an outlet
voltage between tOOV and 240V.
: 0 .24. 0
0) • HOURS • J • •
Before using, read the important safety instructions in front of the manual.
1. Plug power adaptor into shaver. (Diagram A)
2. Plug adaptor into wall outlet. (Diagram B)
3. Charge shaver for 24 hours before it~ fir,st use. Note: P,uring initial charge ignore
the electronic indicators as they are ,n start up cycle . (Diagram C)
4. For future charge times, see full charge time for your model on page 5.
5. Use shaver until recharge is required.
For shavers equipped with a quick charge:
A 5 minute quick charge will allow for 3 minutes of shaving.
NOTE: Only model PR1360 can be used when the shaver is plugged into the adapter.
• Make sure the shaver and your hands are dry when charging the shaver.
• Always charge the shaver in a cool, dry place.
Shaving ·. ·;
1. Press power button to turn on. (Diagram D) C ~
2. Shave face and neck using short, circular \ r ;;;;:
strokes. (Diagram E) ~
I ‘~ \\
-~~ 1. Pull trimmer release button to engage trimmer. (Diagram F)
2. Tnm long, d1ff1cult hairs and side burns. (Diagram G)
3· Close trimmer by pressing down. (Diagram H)
Shaving Tips (Dry)
• Wait at least 15 minutes after getting up before shaving, to ensure your face is
free of puffiness that may be present from sleeping.
• Ensure your skin is dry and free of oils. Try using Remin~on’s FaceSaver
pre-shave powder to help the shaver glide across the skin.
• Always hold the shaver at a right angle to the skin so that all three heads are
touching the skin with equal pressure.
• Stretch skin with the free hand so hairs stand upright, making it easier for them
to enter the cutting chamber.
• Use moderate to slow circular stroking movement.
• The use of short circular motions in stubborn areas may obtain a closer shave,
especially along the neck and chin line.
• Do not press hard against the skin in order to avoid damage to the rotary heads.
We recommend that you use your new shaver daily for up to four weeks to
allow time for your hair and skin to become accustomed to the
new shaving system.
Shaving Tips With Gel or Foam (In Shower or Over the Sink)
NOTE: FOR MODEL PR1385 ONLY.
We recommend that you use the shaver in the shower for optimal performance.
NOTE: In order to ensure optimal performance, thoroughly rinse the shaver
head under water during and after shaving.
1. Apply water to face and neck area.
2. Apply shave gel or foam to applicable shaving area.
3. Rinse shaver head under water.
4. Shave face and neck using short, circular strokes.
5. Throughout the shave, regularly rinse shaver head under water to avoid residue
6. Wh~n finished shaving, rinse face.
7. Thoroughly rinse shaver head of all gel or foam.
8. Follow cleaning and care instructions located on p~ge 8.
Cleaning and Care .-
~ For washable models ONLY. The head t,, assembly part may be cleaned under wann water.
NOTE: When cleaning your shaver, make sure the shaver is turned off
and disconnected from the power cord.
• To clean the external surfaces of the shaver, use a damp cloth. Do not use strong
detergents or other chemicals.
• To dry, wipe the surface of the shaver with a dry towel. Do not use a hair dryer
or heater to dry the shaver.
Daily: D. I)
1. Press the release button on front of shaver and open head assembly. ( iagram
2. Tap out excess hair shavings. (Diagram J) .
3. Rinse the head of the shaver in running water. NEVER submerge the shaver m
4. Leave head open for drying.
5. Snap head closed before using the shaver again. (Diagram K)
1. Perform the daily cleaning steps 1 and 2.
2. Remove the c~ver from the hair pocket assembly. (Diagram L) Place the body of
the shaver aside to ensure that 1t will not get wet.
3. Slide the blue inner cutter carrier down to release it from the assembly.
4. Remove the inner cutter carrier away from the cutters.
5. Remove the cutters. (Diagram N)
6. Thoroughly rinse away any debris from inner and outer cutters. (Diagram O)
1. Replace the inner cutters. Match the hub colors of the inner and outer cutters
s. Place the inner cutter carrier back into position and lock into place. (Diagram Q)
9. Lubricate each cutter with household oil.
1 o. Align the spring hinge into the slot at the back of the hair pocket and press into
place. Snap the head assembly closed. (Diagram K)
Trimmer: Lubricate teeth with oil every six months
When your rechargeable shaver reaches the end of its useful lite, the Lithium batteries
must be removed from the shaver and be recycled or q1sposed of_ properly
in accordance with your state and local requir~ments. If th1_s 1s not required by
law, you may elect to dispose of the shaver with the batteries.
To Remove the Rechargeable Battery:
1. Unplug the shaver.
2. Run shaver until motor stops. .
3. Remove head from shaver (Press release button and pull head straight away
from shaver body)
4. Using a small screwdriver pry front cover from shaver body.
5. Remove four screws located on front of shaver. .
6. Remove rear cover from inner housing to exp~ battenes.
7• Pry batteries free from circuit board and cut wires.
a. Dispose of batteries. . .
· f th f 11 ·ng types of rechargeable batteries: mckel metal
~%~ii:v1~ft-X~t5n~1~1°cad~i~~(~i-td) or Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) (see included battery
for indica ion of type). ST BE RECYCLED OR DISPOSED
CAUTION: ALLDARNEg~i1,r:}:Lf t~~~1f f A~r AND LOCAL REGULATIONS. DO
OF IN ACCOR LATE AS THE BATTERY MAY BURST OR RELEASE
NOT PUT IN ~~lgRD~iTJT SHbRT-CIRCUIT, AS THIS MAY CAUSE BURNS.
TOXIC MATE . . d artici ant in the EPA-approved Rechargeable
Spectrum Bran1. ds, t~,:i~e~~~~~M ~hichpcollects and recycles these batteries
Battery Recyc mg a !’fl h ‘ taken out of services in the United States or
~1~~~:~h~f ~i~t~~~6g~in~\;tvides a convenient alternative to placing used II
UFeP04 batteries into the trash or the municipal waste stream, which may be
illegal in your area. Please call 1-800-8-BATTERY™ or visit www.call2recycle.org
for information on LiFeP04 battery recycling and disposal bans/restriction in yo_ur
area. Spectrum Brands, Inc: ‘s involvement in this_ program is part of our commitment
to preserving our environment and conserving our natural resources.
How To Order Shaver Accessories
Maintain your shaver’s peak performance!
Keep Your Shaver Perfonning like New!
• Because your satisfaction is important to us, we make it simple for you to keep
your new shaver performing at its peak.
• For the best possible shave, it is necessary to replace the heads and cutters on
your shaver every 12 months.
• Remington makes this easy!
Your shaver uses replacement part SPR-PR13.
Two Easy Ways to Order!
1. Call! U.S. Residents call 1-800-392-6544
2. Order Online at RemingtonProducts.com
It is very important to replace your head and cutters when necessary to ensure
a close, comfortable shave without irritation. We recommend they be replaced
every 12 months. Here are some signs of head and cutter wear, indicating that
replacement is needed:
• Irritation: As the heads get excessively worn you may experience some skin
irritation. This would be especially noticeable when you apply moisturizing lotion.
• Pulling: When the cutters wear you may feel a sense of pulling and a loss of
closeness when you shave. This is an indication that it is time to replace your
heads and cutters.
Limited Two-Year Warranty
spectrum Brands, Inc. warrants this product_ against any d~f~cts that are due to faulty
material or workmanship for a two-year penod from the original date of consumer
purchase. This warranty does not include damage to the product resulting from
accident or misuse. If the product should become defective within the warranty
period, we will replace it free of charge. Return your product and sales receipt with
your name, address and day time phone number to: Remington Returns Center, 507
Stokely Dr., P.O. Box 1, Deforest, WI 53532. For more information call 800-736-4648
in the US.
• Heads and cutters
KEEP ORIGINAL SALES RECEIPT AS PROOF OF PURCHASE FOR WARRANTY
This warranty does not cover products damaged by the following:
• Accident, misuse, abuse or alteration of the product
• Servicing by unauthorized persons
• Use with unauthorized accessories
• Connecting it to incorrect current and voltage
• Wrapping cord around appliance causing premature wear and breakage
• Any other conditions beyond our control
SPECTRUM BRANDS, INC. SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL,
SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS
PRODUCT. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF FITNESS AND MERCHANTABILITY, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO
TWO YEARS FROM DATE OF ORIGINAL PURCHASE.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights
which vary from state to state or province to province. Some states do not allow
the exclusion or limitation of incidental, special or consequential damages.
Spectrum Brands, Inc. Money-back Offer
If within 30 days after you have purchased your Remington® branded product, you
are not satisfied and would like a refund, return it with the sales slip indicating
purchase price and date of purchase to the retailer from whom it was purchased.
Spectrum Brands, Inc. will reimburse all retailers who accept the product within 30
days from the date of purchase. If you have any questions concerning the moneyback
guarantee, please call 800-736-4648 in the US. m